NTU Nanyang Scholarship is a comprehensive scholarship that provides for full coverage of tuition fees as well as the following incentives:
- Annual hall accommodation allowances with guaranteed accommodation for first year of study
- Travel grant and priority for overseas study opportunities and attachment programmes
- Participation in leadership programmes and Eminent Speaker Series
These incentives, unique to NTU, are what set NTU Nanyang Scholarship apart.
Application Criteria & Procedures
Excellent grades in GCE ‘A’ Level examination, local polytechnic diploma, NUS High School Diploma, IB Diploma or Year 12 equivalent qualifications are required. In addition, your Co-Curricular Activities (CCA) record should demonstrate leadership potential throughout your junior college, polytechnic or high school years.
Nanyang Scholarship recipients must not be on any other scholarship.
As the scholarship is offered to students admitted to NTU, you should first submit the online application form for admission to NTU. Applications for admission and scholarship will close on the same date.
After you have successfully submitted the online application form for admission, the “Application for Scholarship” link will appear.
In order to apply for the scholarship, key in the application number assigned to you, and complete the application for scholarship online. You are required to furnish an online appraisal (local applicants only) and one essay of not more than 300 words. You will be invited for an interview if you are shortlisted.
No bond attached apart from the 3-year bond applicable to all Singapore Permanent Residents and international students under the MOE Tuition Grant Scheme
Benefits of Award
If selected and upon maintaining satisfactory standard of academic performance and conduct, you will receive the following benefits throughout the course of your undergraduate study:
- Subsidised tuition fees will be fully covered
- Living allowance of $6,000 per academic year
- Book allowance of $500 per academic year
- Accommodation allowance of up to $2,000 per academic year (applicable to scholarship recipients who reside in NTU hostels only)
- Travel grant of $5,000 for an overseas study/attachment programme (one-off)
- Computer allowance of $1,500 (one-off)
- Settling-in allowance of $250 (one-off)
- Priority for the overseas study programme
Office of Admissions and Financial Aid
Student Services Centre Level 2
42 Nanyang Avenue, Singapore 639815
Tel: (65) 6790-6766