Hone your leadership capabilities and lead the efforts for social change as a social service leader.
A premier postgraduate scholarship offered by the Lien Foundation in partnership with NCSS, the Lien Scholarship for Social Service Leaders is aimed at nurturing promising talents, developing outstanding leaders and boosting sector capability to better serve the community.
Supported fields of study
As a Lien Scholar, you can look forward to pursuing full-time postgraduate courses in the following categories:
- Community Mental Health
- Community Development
- Management and Administration
- Social Policy and Administration
To apply for the Lien Scholarship, you must:
- be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident
- have an outstanding track records in the social services sector
- possess good academic results (e.g. good Honours Degree)
- have a strong commitment to the social service sector
- have served at a VWO for a minimum of three years
- obtained strong recommendations from their Executive Directors and/or Chairman or Chairman/ President of the governing boards
You are welcome to apply for the scholarship even if you do not have a background in social services. However, to apply, you must:
- possess relevant work experience (e.g. in management) with strong determination to work in the social service sector
- have a good voluntary track record in social and community services
Once you complete your studies, you must serve a bond for the following respective durations at an appointed NCSS member Voluntary Welfare Organisation or other social service agency:
Postgraduate Studies (Local): 3 years
Postgraduate Studies (Overseas): 4 years
Value of Award
The scholarship covers your tuition fees, maintenance allowance, salary support, book allowance and any other compulsory fees.
There are two application windows each year – 30 April and 30 September.
Social Service Institute
111 Somerset Road
#04-01 Singapore 238164
Attn: Scholarship Secretariat, Sector Manpower