LASALLE College of the Arts in Singapore is a leading tertiary institution in cutting edge contemporary arts and design education and practice. The college offers over 30 diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in fine arts, design communication, interior design, product design, film, animation, fashion, dance, music, theatre,arts management, arts pedagogy and practice, art therapy and Asian art histories.
Its faculty is led by a community of award-winning artists, designers, educators and researchers, and their practice-led research sets LASALLE apart as an international centre of excellence. Critically acclaimed alumni form the core of the cultural and creative sectors in Singapore and increasingly, internationally.
Founded in 1984 by De La Salle Brother Joseph McNally –a visionary artist and educator – LASALLE is a not-for-profit, private educational institution. LASALLE receives tuition grant support from the Singapore Ministry of Education.Its degree programmes are validated by Goldsmiths, University of London.
…because you want to be a hotshot art director in advertising, a trendsetting fashion designer who sets the international runways ablaze, a critically-acclaimed Broadway superstar, an Oscar-winning movie director and a leader in your chosen field of the creative industry.
At LASALLE, you will:
- learn in a real arts school which is practice-led and industry focused.
- experience the creative collisions that spark artistic revolutions through unlimited interdisciplinary collaborations.
- be in a progressive environment where you are encouraged to be a creative individual.
- be mentored by some of the best international arts practitioners and taught by practicing artists from the creative industries.
- be plugged into the global arts scene with visits by the world’s premier arts celebrities: Lord David Puttnam, Peter Fonda, Joan Chen, Robert Wilson, Mark Eley, Marcel Wanders, Thomas Heatherwick, Gilbert & George Victoria Beckham, Diane von Fürstenberg and more.
- be in an accredited institution with programmes that are original and developed by LASALLE.
- benefit from our robust internship programmes and collaborations with established industry partners that lead to gainful employment.
- be well sought after: 93% of LASALLE graduates holding full-time permanent jobs received their first job offer within three months after graduation.*
- be embraced by a diverse community with 40% of students and lecturers from more than 40 countries, in a conducive hub of artistic energy. If you are from Singapore, ask yourself, “Why go abroad when abroad is here?”
- eat, breathe, and live creativity 24/7 with a range of activities like on-campus exhibitions, performances, gigs, open mics, and arts markets in our award-winning campus.
*Based on Graduate Employment Survey 2015
So come to LASALLE if you want a successful career in arts!
Find out the admission requirements to the course of your choice, read here.
For applicants residing in Singapore, applying for a Diploma programme:
Step 1: Submit an online application with your application fees
Applications made from October through April for the August Intake.
Step 2: Submit all supporting documents listed in the application checklist.
Submit supporting documents within seven working days of your online application.
Step 3: Receive an Admissions Test*/interview/audition date from the Division of Admissions. Admissions Test/interview/audition date will be allocated upon receipt of all completed supporting documents.
Step 4: Attend your Admissions Test*/interview/audition at our campus. Bring the required materials for the Admissions Test, artwork portfolio and interview assignments (where applicable).
Receive a letter by post indicating the outcome of your interview/audition.
Confirm your place by paying your first semester tuition fees. Your offer will lapse after two weeks from the date of your offer letter. (Payment deadline may vary)
*Admissions Test is only applicable for non Performing Arts Diplomas