Harvard VPAL’s Cybersecurity: Managing Risk in the Information Age is an online short course that equips students with a comprehensive understanding of how to identify and manage operational risk, litigation risk and reputational risk. The course will help students assess and mitigate specific vulnerabilities within an organization’s networks, systems, and data in order to provide the knowledge and skills to protect the integrity, security, and confidentiality of their digital assets.
Note: This course is offered through GetSmarter, which provides cohort-based learning, personal coaching services, and access to a premier certificate from Harvard.
8 weeks (excluding orientation)
8 to 11 hours/week of self-paced learning, entirely online
Course starts 7 August 2019; registration closes 30 July 2019.
Hear from cybersecurity experts and guest speakers as you follow your learning path through the weekly modules of this online course:
Module 1: Cybersecurity risk is business risk
Module 2: Identifying the threats to an organization
Module 3: Identifying important business systems and assets
Module 4: The crucial role of leadership in managing cyber risk
Module 5: Understanding your technology
Module 6: Cyber risk and the law
Module 7: Incident response and accountability
Module 8: Designing and implementing a mitigation strategy
After successfully completing this highly interactive and supported online learning journey, you’ll walk away with the ability to:
- Articulate the role of cyber risk management within an organization
- Investigate the threats to an organization’s critical business systems and data
- Assess the vulnerabilities of an organization’s critical business systems, networks, and data
- Recommend a cybersecurity leadership plan
- Deduce types of questions necessary to determine the technologies implemented in an organization’s cybersecurity
- Distinguish the legal and compliance risks for an organization or sector
- Propose an incident response plan in the event of a cyberattack
- Develop a cyber risk mitigation strategy
Fees and Financing
To register for this course, click here.
You can either pay your tuition fees in full before the course starts, or you may opt for a two-part payment plan. To find out more on payment options please visit our Payment and Financing page.
Have no idea what courses you or your child should take? Tell us your requirements in the form below and we will send our recommendations to you by email.