Asia Pacific Breweries (APB) Foundation Scholarship for Persons with Disabilities
The Asia Pacific Breweries (APB) Foundation Scholarship for Persons with Disabilities is a multi-disciplinary scholarship that recognises excellent academic results of students with physical, hearing, visual or speech impairment, and enables them to complete their undergraduate studies at a recognised local university.
Originally introduced in 2004 and open only to students who are physically-disabled, the Scholarship has since been extended in 2008 to include tertiary students with hearing, speech and visual impairment. Currently, the Society for the Physically Disabled (SPD) is the Foundation’s partner and administrator of the Scholarship. Our partners also include the Singapore Association for the Deaf and Singapore Association of the Visually Handicapped.
Each year, the APB Foundation awards three students with scholarships of S$12,000 annually for the duration of their course of study (full-time) up to a maximum of four years.
Application Criteria & Procedures
- The applicant must be admitted to a relevant full-time undergraduate degree programme
- The applicant must be a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident with a permanent disability
- Diagnosed with a permanent, physical, sensory or developmental disability
- Good academic results which satisfy the admission criteria of the respective tertiary institutions
Interested candidates can download the Application Form and attach the following documents
- Photocopy of the front and back of your identity card
- Medical certification of disabilities
- Academic record and transcripts
- Resume Records of personal achievements