Earth Observatory of Singapore (EOS) Undergraduate Scholarship
The Earth Observatory of Singapore (EOS) Undergraduate Scholarship is to award up to five outstanding freshmen each year who would like to pursue a degree in Environmental Earth Systems Science. The selected students will be strong scholars, creative thinkers, and future leaders in Environmental Earth Systems Science.
Value of Award
The EOS Scholarship covers up to the normal programme duration of four years on condition that the scholarship holder maintains a record of good academic performance and conduct satisfactory to EOS.
- Subsidised tuition fees (after Tuition Grant) will be fully covered.
- Living allowance of S$6,000 per academic year.
- Book allowance of S$500 per academic year.
- Accommodation allowance of up to S$2,000 per academic year.
- Applicable to scholarship holders who reside in NTU hostels only.
- Travel grant of S$5,000 (one-off).
- Computer allowance of S$1,500 (one-off).
- Settling-in allowance of S$250 (one-off).
Application Criteria & Procedures
- Open to all nationalities.
- Successful awardees should read a full-time undergraduate degree programme in Environmental Earth Systems Science, and may choose a specialisation of their choice within the major. The scholarship will cover four years of study at NTU in this programme.
- Possess outstanding Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘A’ level, Diploma awarded by a polytechnic in Singapore, NUS High School Diploma, IB Diploma or Year 12 equivalent qualifications.
- Excellent co-curricular records.
- Strong leadership qualities and potential.
Applicants are required to submit your application for admission before submitting your application for scholarship.
Applicants with the following qualifications:
- Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘A’ level
- Diploma awarded by a polytechnic in Singapore
- NUS High School Diploma
- IB Diploma
The scholarship application form can be found at the link ‘Application for Scholarship’ at the end of your online application for admission. You are required to login with the application number assigned to you. If you have reserved an undergraduate degree programme in NTU, you can login here to access the scholarship application form.
Applicants are required to submit the following after completing your application form:
- upload a recent passport-size photo (digital image).
- submit a referee’s appraisal online. The appraisal is to be completed by your school teacher, who must not be your family or relative. After you have submitted your scholarship application, you will be provided with a URL to be forwarded to your school teacher. Your school teacher is to submit the online appraisal to us within 7 days of your scholarship application.
Applicants with Year 12 equivalent results:
- Click here to apply for the scholarship with your assigned application number.
- Applicants are required to submit a recent passport-size photo (digital image) online after completing your application form.