Canadian International School
The Canadian International School (CIS) opened its doors in 1990 and has always focused on excellence in all facets of education. We believe that through years of successful practice and from a firm understanding and implementation of educational research and teaching methodologies tailored for the global student, that our students are engaged, enlightened and empowered by participating in what we believe to be an outstanding programme.
The Canadian International School in Singapore offers the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (IB PYP), International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme (IB MYP) and International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IB DP), for students from Early Childhood Education (kindergarten/preschool) to Grade 12. The IB Diploma, is recognised around the world by major universities. We are also very pleased to be an associate member in the Council of International Schools. This prestigious designation puts us in the forefront of education leaders in the world.
The CIS student body of over 3,000 represents a truly diverse population from over 70 nations and is served by a comprehensive and challenging curriculum taught by highly qualified and dedicated teachers. Our focus is on the needs of each individual, stimulating their inherent curiosity thereby inspiring them to become lifelong learners. Our students pursue excellence in the mastery of creative problem solving, effective communication, leadership, international understanding, and responsible citizenship.
CIS has two campuses throughout Singapore – our Lakeside campus (Early Childhood to Grade 12) in the West, and the Tanjong Katong Campus (Early Childhood to Grade 8) in the East.
Students must meet the CIS entry requirements in order to be eligible for admission to CIS. Our Admissions Executives will happily answer any questions you might have about your child’s eligibility.
In accordance with Singapore law, the Canadian International School (CIS) may only admit students who are not Singapore Citizens (by either birth or registration). Students who are Singapore Citizens require approval from the Ministry of Education (MOE) before acceptance to CIS can be considered.
This requirement only applies to children 6 years of age and older. The application to the Ministry of Education (MOE) will be sent by the Admissions Office after the child has been formally offered a place at CIS.
Canadian International School can accept Early Childhood Education (ECE), Junior Kindergarten, and Senior Kindergarten Singaporean students without MOE approvals.
Details on other entry requirements can be viewed here.
The application process begins with the submission of an application form, the application fee, and all necessary accompanying supporting documents.
Please complete the application form, or submit your application online. All applications must be accompanied by the compulsory non-refundable application fee of S$2,140.00.
If a parent/legal guardian chooses to pay this fee with a credit card via the online application, they will be charged S$2,214.90. This amount is comprised of the Application Fee of S$2,140.00 plus the compulsory additional Banking and Administration Fee of 3.5%.
Please submit the following items to the Admissions Department in conjunction with the hard copy application form, or, directly after you have submitted an online application. Please note that all original documents must be produced upon submission to verify their authenticity.
- All current and past transcripts, school reports, testimonials and recommendations (3 years worth of records are required).
- Photocopy of all relevant Psycho Educational or Special Education Evaluation Reports* (if applicable).
- 3 passport size photographs (approximately 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm). Please write student’s name on the back of the photographs.
- Photocopy of Student’s Passport(s).
- Photocopy of Student’s Birth Certificate*.
- Photocopy of Student’s Immunization records*.
- Photocopy of each Parent’s Passport.
- Photocopy of each Legal Guardian’s Passport (if applicable).
- Original deed, will or court order to indicate guardianship/custody* (if applicable).
- Photocopy of the Primary Contact Form (if applicable).
* Please note that these documents must be supplied to the Admissions Department in English. Documents which are not in English will need to be translated.
Translations must be carried out by a Notary Public, a Translation Agency or your own National Embassy.
Acceptance will be based on a comprehensive review of all compulsory and/or requested documentation. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Consideration of a student’s age and/or the most recent grade level completed.
- Successful school report cards review.
- Student profile considerations such as behaviour, social skills, work ethic, attitude, English proficiency level and additional learning support needs, if any, required by the student at the current school.
CIS may require an on-site assessment, or permission to contact teachers at the student’s current school.
Upon acceptance of a place at CIS, the CIS Student Contract must be executed by both parties (if the parent is agreeable to the terms and conditions of the contract) within 14 days from the issue date of the contract to confirm a student’s enrolment.
Once the Student Contract has been signed, an invoice will be issued for the Confirmation Fee. This fee must be paid and received by the School by the due date indicated on the invoice. Should this not happen, both the place offered and the Student Contract will lapse.
The following documents must be furnished after acceptance, but prior to the student starting school. Please note that students will not be able to start school until all documents have been submitted to the Admissions Department:
- Photocopy of Student’s Dependant’s Pass / Student’s Pass / NRIC – Singaporean and Permanent Resident* (whichever is applicable).
- Photocopy of Parent’s / Legal Guardian’s Employment Pass / Dependant’s Pass / NRIC – Singaporean and Permanent Resident* (whichever is applicable).
- Student Medical Form.
*For Permanent Residents (PRs) please provide a copy of the Re-Entry Permit indicating the PR Number and the Re-Entry Permit Expiry Date.