School is usually a big transition for both parents and children. This critical period is also an opportune time to build up your child’s self-esteem and confidence when it comes to interacting with others. This Parenting with Confidence workshop, organised by Focus on the Family Singapore, is designed to enable you to pick up tips on effective communication and raising your children as secure daughters and confident sons!
Through this workshop, you will learn to:
- Communicate effectively with your child
- Teach your child how to balance choice and limits
- Build up your child and impart crucial problem-solving skills
- Get in first to address “tween” issues and independence
Who Should Attend
- Parents with children between 7-12 years of age
- Grandparents and primary caregivers
- Parent Support Groups seeking a well-structured, practical curriculum with small group discussions
- Educators (e.g. Family Life Educators, Preschool Teachers, etc)
Dates: 5, 12, 19 & 26 November (Saturday)
Time: 9am to 12pm
Venue: 9 Bishan Place, #08-03 Junction 8 Officer Tower
Fee: S$120 per person / S$180 per couple (or a pair of friends)
You can sign up for the workshop here.
Cheryl Ng dedicated the early part of her career to pursuing her childhood dream of teaching in junior colleges, before switching her attention to bringing up her own children. She has four children, ranging from teens to a recently married young adult. Today, she continues to touch the lives of numerous teenagers as an adjunct lecturer at a polytechnic.
Cheryl brings to every speaking engagement deep insights mixed with strong passion. She currently serves as the Principal Trainer with Focus on the Family Singapore.
Organising an event for parents (and their children) and need to publicise it? Send your press release to email@example.com.