Singapore Hotel Association (SHA), which is the apex body for hotels in Singapore since 1961 established SHATEC, a not-for-profit hospitality school with the following objectives:
- To provide training and education to fresh school leavers and career switchers for the hotel and F&B sectors – this is to ensure a continuous pipeline of talents for its hotel members and the hospitality industry
- Up-skill and upgrade the existing talents in the hospitality industry
In an era which preceded structured education in hotel management in Singapore, SHATEC collaborated with the world-renowned Swiss École hôtelière de Lausanne to develop its courses when it first started. It became the region’s first dedicated hotel school, training new entrants for the hospitality industry and conducting development programmes for industry professionals.
After more than three decades and over 30,000 alumni in strength, our raison d’être continues to apply in all our programmes – technical competencies, development of leadership potential, character building and personal betterment. Many achievements and recognitions were received over this period as well.
A school for the industry by the industry, SHATEC believes that every individual can succeed given the right stimuli, and provides a caring environment where budding professionals can thrive and discover their talents.
SHATECs’ standing in the hospitality education is so entrenched that SHATEC has delivered formal training programmes across numerous countries in the Asia Pacific region. Its expertise is recognised internationally and SHATEC has delivered consultancy and advisory services for projects under the auspices of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and European Community in human resource development for ASEAN tourism.
SHATEC was also one of the founding members of APETIT (Asia-Pacific Education and Training Institutions in Tourism) set up by UNESCAP (United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific). Today, SHATEC is a member of the Asia Pacific Council on Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Education (APacCHRIE).
Today, SHATEC graduates can be found all over the world helming key positions in hotels and other hospitality related establishments. Our students continue to shine in competitions and winning many accolades. They continue to be very much sought after by the industry.
In 2015, SHATEC set another milestone with the launch of the Industry Mentorship Programme. It is the first industry school to offer such a structured programme for its students.
- WSQ Certificate in Hotel & Accommodation Services
- WSQ Certificate in Culinary Arts
- WSQ Certificate in Pastry and Bakery
- Industry Workshops for Individual
- Industry Workshops Corporate
- WSQ Follow Food & Beverage Hygiene and Safety Policies & Procedures
- WSET® Programmes
- Masterclass: Revenue Management and Hotel Analytics
- Masterclass: Increasing Competitiveness through Service Innovations and Leadership
- Overview of Hospitality Operations (Basic Food & Beverage Preparation Skills)
- Overview of Hospitality Operations (Basic Food & Beverage Service Skills)
- Overview of Hospitality Operations (Basic Housekeeping Skills)
- Trade-Specific (Housekeeping Pathway)
- Trade-Specific (Food & Beverage Service Pathway)
- Trade-Specific (Culinary Pathway)
Please click here to download the CET Application Form for Group.
Please click here to complete the CET Application Form for Individual.
To find out how you can use your SkillsFuture Credit at Shatec, click here.